Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day Eight

I have successfully survived all of the situations that normally make me want to smoke and/or drink, including: 
  • Going out to a bar on the weekend
  • Going to happy hour
  • Hanging out on a porch
  • Driving my car
  • Lunch breaks
  • Around 24,236 Starbucks trips
  • Terrible days at work 
One of my favorite residents was recently diagnosed with throat cancer & it's pretty depressing watching his health decline so quickly. He was already skinny before, but he's lost twenty pounds and his face has completely hollowed out. He tells me about how he's terrified of what's going to happen, but he's still smoking over half a pack a day. I don't want to be like that. Ever.

Also, I’ve decided I'm done with this electronic cigarette.

Cigarette count for the day: 0
Alcohol count for the day: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment