Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day One

My first post! Day one of my attempt at a smoke-free, alcohol-free life was not difficult, but I'm sure it will become difficult soon enough. For a number of years smoking and drinking have been my two biggest vices.

To give you an idea of my lifestyle, I've made a list of situations in which I smoke:
  • When I'm driving my car
  • When I'm walking around town
  • Whenever I feel awkward (which is a lot)
  • At social events (during which I usually feel awkward)
  • Whenever I drink coffee (which I do throughout each and every day of my life)
  • Whenever I'm on a porch (the best of pastimes)
  • When I'm upset (not uncommon)
  • During my lunch break
  • After I eat 
  • And last, but definitely not least- every time I drink (which is much more often than I'd like to admit)
In short, this commercial will sum up my attempt at no longer smoking: 

Prost! To the next forty days without cigarettes or alcohol!

-Nay





1 comment: