Monday, August 13, 2012

Days Five and Six

I survived the weekend! The only two semi-noteworthy bits I have to mention are that A) It's impossible to stay up anywhere near as long as people who are drinking and B) I like people a lot more when I am drinking. Those things aside I spent a lovely weekend being lazy around a pool.

One thing I have found somewhat confusing in all of this is how many people have earnestly asked me why I'm trying to quit smoking. They all seem to ask in the same sort of puzzled way, as if I had suddenly announced that I was going to pick up a bad habit out of the blue rather than quit one. And they've all been non-smokers!

I'm still torn on the electronic cigarette, but I'm keeping it for now.

Also, in my attempt to stop drinking and smoking, I've started desperately consuming every ounce of caffeine I can find. I constantly have the shakes, but at least they're not whiskey withdrawal shakes! Small victories...
This Toothpaste for Dinner drawing accurately sums up how I feel about life right now.

Cigarette count for the weekend: 0
Alcohol count for the weekend: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment